The final episode of 24: Live Another Day aired tonight. It was written by Manny Coto and Evan Katz and directed by Jon Cassar.
The big twist of the episode was Audrey being killed off. Last week we asked you to predict who will die in the finale and most thought it would be Heller – only 21% of you picked Audrey. The episode ends with Jack Bauer getting on a helicopter to Moscow and a second silent clock, leaving his future up in the air. Could a tenth season be set in Moscow?
We’ve got a bunch of polls for you to vote in, and we’d like to hear your comments as well. Did the writers nail the ending? Did you cry?
We’ll have more polls in the coming days, along with a separate discussion thread asking about your thoughts on the season as a whole. We are doing it this way to prevent emotional knee-jerk reactions and give you the chance to gather your thoughts and re-watch episodes.
Here’s a roundup of interviews with the writers and director where you might get an idea of their thought process behind the finale.
- ’24: Live Another Day’ Showrunners on Finale Death, Franchise Future – The Hollywood Reporter
- ‘24: Live Another Day’ Showrunners on the Finale, the Dangers of Drones, and Jack Bauer’s Future – The Daily Beast
- Postmortem: 24 Boss on the “Heartbreaking” But Hopeful Live Another Day Finale – TV Guide
- 24 Finale Recap: Die Another Day — Plus: Burning Questions Answered – TVLine
- ’24: Live Another Day’ Finale Director on What That Shocking Silent Clock Means for Jack Bauer – Yahoo TV
- ‘24: Live Another Day’ Considered Killing Off Jack Bauer For Finale Says EP – Deadline